Re: [orca-list] orca and magnifier

The magnifier isn't enabled by default in Ubuntu Lucid.  You need to
open the Orca preferences dialog box and enable it on the magnifier
page.  I also prefer to have Toggle Magnifier assigned to a key.

Now, that doesn't mean it has no problems.  I find the Orca magnifier
isn't anywhere near as good as the one that comes in Ubuntu Lucid with
Compiz.  I think of the Orca magnifier as a solid reliable backup for
cases when Compiz isn't working.  I recomend that your friend check
out the "Enhanced Zoom Desktop".  This stuff is already all there by
default in Vinux, which is a slightly modified version of Ubuntu
Lucid.

Bill