Re: [orca-list] Braille/speech differs: misspelt words being reported

Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> wrote:
Here's another difference although how should this be solved?

When typing (eg. like now in thunderbird) if I misspell a word
speech tells me misspelled but Braille gives no indication. Now this
is a difference but is this a point where a difference either is
wanted/doesn't matter? What I mean by this is that to use a flash
message may not be wonderfully useful as my fingers while typing are
on the keyboard and so cannot read the Braille display at the same
time. I would say really I would want some way that Braille could
mark misspelled words in Braille. I would like some way to be
alerted, however I think speech/sound here is the only way (I was
trying to consider those who may only use Braille).

If the errors can be highlighted in some way by the application when not in
focus, then you could use brackets (a unique 8-dot configuration for example)
or underlining (dots 7-8) to flag the words in question on the display.