Re: [orca-list] IMPORTANT - README - FLAG DAY

Hi Krishnakant:

I would really like to know the exact result of the changes made.
I got attracted to this mail because I get the impression that this
change will help new contributers.
But I don't know how exactly it will help.

Over the years, the Orca team had gotten into the habit of dumping
everything, including the kitchen sink, into default.py. Much of what
got dumped there had poorly-chosen and/or inconsistent names. For
instance, if you were reading the code and saw that we were calling
getKeybinding(), it would be reasonable for you to conclude that what
the code was doing was getting an Orca keybinding. And you'd be really
wrong: This hypothetical code was getting a list which contained a
mnemonic, accelerator, and shortcut for a widget. That's just one
example.

So.... This refactor should help people who are already developers make
sense of things when reading Orca's code. It should reduce the need for
people to have to hunt down each and every method in order to figure out
what it does. Etc.

--joanie