Re: [orca-list] XFCE or lxde archlinux and orca.

I think the problems come from getting at-spi to start at the right time. XFCE worked fine with at-spi and orca from the 2.28.X releases but 2.30.X seems to cause more issues.

LXDE, I think some have got working with more serious work arounds (eg. editing the startx script), but I haven't ever had enough desire to do that.

One tip: I know that XFCE provides some alternatives to the gnome ones but by default they may not work as well, but scripts can help (eg. terminal which comes with XFCE seemed to be improved with the gnome-terminal script, however I didn't fully test that configuration and so the gnome-terminal script may do things not fully desired with terminal).

Michael Whapples