Re: [orca-list] Orca 2.30 and Firefox 3.5.9

Hi all.

Regarding this:

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 09:42 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 01:35:57PM +0200, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
Should one file a bug against this for Orca 2.30? If Iceweasel stays at version
3.5.9, everybody using Debian Squeeze will get this problem. Or have I got this
problem because I upgraded from 2.28 and used the settings from 2.28 in 2.30?

Don't think any bugs should be filed because other distros are using
Firefox 3.6 already.

This situation is why we added the setting. Whether or not it should be
enabled by default was a tough question. Because most distros shipping
GNOME 2.30 are also shipping Firefox 3.6 (which will hopefully get fixed
soon and updated in these same distros), the decision was made to make
the Orca setting 3.6 compatible. For distros which are shipping GNOME
2.30 but Firefox 3.5, what I would recommend is that they patch Orca to
use the old setting. The patch would be a one-liner (ignoring comment
changes). Seriously. In fact, here is the commit in which I made the
change; a distro could just reverse it:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/orca/commit/?id=2373cecb150ca7ca4f9932b32b6bbd963d4523ed

HTH.
--joanie