[orca-list] Orca and LXDE on archlinux

Hello,
I recently asked about what tutorials people wanted and archlinux seemed to be the winner. The thing that surprised me was the number asking for some stuff on using LXDE with orca. I initially wasn't interested in LXDE, but having thought about one particular computer I have here I thought may be give it a go. This means I have been having a bit of a look at LXDE on archlinux before I start recording things and I have to say its a bit of a mix of how successful it is.

Firstly starting with the good, I have a certain amount of functionality in LXDE (I am actually writing this email from thunderbird in LXDE with orca running). Was it simple to set up, well not as easy as gnome but still doable. Now to the less good news, may be someone could help here. Although I have thunderbird, orca and firefox working (these are the main applications I have tested), I don't seem to have access to the run dialog, the menu, etc for LXDE, what might be wrong? Just to cover what I have done, I export GTK_MODULES in the ~/.xinitrc file just before the exec line to run startlxde, and I have also created a at-spi.desktop file for starting at-spi-registryd (thunderbird, firefox, etc indicate this is fine as they need no special options, etc to launch them to be accessible).The things which cross my mind are, by default LXDE in archlinux uses openbox for the window manager, could this be causing a problem? Also could the place I export GTK_MODULES be causing this?

Should the above not be possible to solve, I probably will focus on gnome for the immediate and so try and get the tutorials done asap. My personal feeling is that even though the computer I will be using might feel right for LXDE, I think it will manage gnome reasonably well.

Michael Whapples