Re: [orca-list] Orca and LXDE on archlinux

Hello,
OK, I will look at the window manager used in knoppix-adriane. On a separate note, for those interested in a lighter weight desktop system (mentioned less) I have just tried xfce, it seems to work reasonably well, just one slight thing, no shortcut key for the system menu by default, easily fixed. It has a few other lacks compared to gnome but we are on about a light weight desktop, we need to compromise (again may be a different window manager might help).

Those interested in LXDE, would xfce be a reasonable alternative? What is it about LXDE you might prefer over xfce?

Richard, regarding your comments on older versions of orca, I possibly would say if you are really only going for command line then something like speakup or yasr may be better suited, this is why I tend to suggest users try and use the latest orca as its strongest point is the gnome GUI access.

Michael Whapples