Re: [orca-list] accessiblity in chrome

From: Jason White <jason jasonjgw net>

Bad new: At this moment, ATK support is only available if you are
using the GTK+ port. So saying that WebKit supports ATK is not 100%
true, it is WebKitGtk+ the one which supports it.

However, the chromium-browser package (at least under Debian) has GTK+ as a
dependency, so there's a strong possibility that they are using the GTK+ port
of WebKit.

After your comment I read the full bug description:

"Please provide any additional information below. Attach a screenshot if
possible.
While using the orca screen reader and I open chromium it will read the
menus when you first open chromium. It will also read the menus when you
hit alt f and bring up the file option. But when I type in a url and go to
it chromium does not read the website at all. Any website that I try can
not be read with the orca screen reader."

So as Orca is able to speech up the menus, it means that probably they
are using Gtk+ on linux. So I guess (but not sure) that they are
probably using WebKitGtk+ port.

Google are going to need some sort of accessibility support for Chromium under
Linux, since their Chrome OS is effectively a (rather minimal but workable)
Linux distribution.

Yes.

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)