Re: [orca-list] Please help. A beginner's elementary queries on Orca source code: Query Set 1.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Dattatray Bhat wrote:

Query 1: I could not locate the functions queryText() and getTextAtOffset() at the url mentioned by Jon i.e.
http://people.gnome.org/~parente/pyatspi/doc/. Another url
http://people.gnome.org/~billh/at-spi-idl shows the declaration of getTextAtOffset(), but nothing of
queryText(). The function details are also not found in the source code
of either Orca or Python modules. So, my doubt remains. Aren't these functions part of any Python source
code? Are they implemented elsewhere and only made available to
Orca? What enables Orca to call them?

The query* functions are dynamically generated; there is one for each interface. See _makeQuery() in pyatspi/accessible.py.

Query 3: Again, after running ipython and importing pyatspi, TEXT_BOUNDARY_CHAR does show up as one of the
defined constants. But I am not able to locate it in the source
code of any Python module. Where is its origin, please?

A lot of the pyatspi code is built from the idl (ie, the idl directory in the at-spi source).

All of this applies to the original CORBA at-spi, not to the dbus port.

-Mike G-