From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Tomas Cerha
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:16 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca: Support for Multilingual text

Dne 27.7.2010 00:28, Michael Pozhidaev napsal(a):
Since there are other applications used as screen readers (emacspeak,
yasr, etc)  explicit language change commands sending by orca makes
other application work incorrectly.

Why?  The speech service should be able to keep the context of each client
connection separately and Speech Dispatcher does that, of course.

It seems to me language changing code must be completely outside of
screen reader, especially in case of automatic detection.

It seems to me, that automatic language detection is the only case when it
may be done outside the screen reader.

And it is very convenient to change language configuration in one
single place, not in the every used screen reader.

There may be a default language configuration, but as the screen reader
needs control over the current language, we must respect the client specific
settings anyway.

Best regards, Tomas