Re: [orca-list] Orca: Support for Multilingual text

Hi, Trev.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Trevor Saunders
<trev saunders gmail com> wrote:
 As has been discused previously I think generalized voice profiles
are better than language profiles, the only real difference being that
you could have different profiles for the same language.

Sounds good to me.

As for auto detection I'd be willing to consider choosing based on
char set, but I don't much like huristics beyond that.

I believe that's what voiceman does, and users seem to really like it,
so I'd say this would be a worthwhile enhancement.

Why don't we
just let the user tell us what language they'd like us to change to?

I think that voiceman lets you manually switch between Russian and
similar languages, and that determines how the Russian characters are
read.  When English shows up, it's automatically read in English.
While this seems like a hack, it sounds like it serves the purposes of
many users quite well.

Bill