[orca-list] Disabled Controls

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is determined by Gnome, specifically something in Metacity, or Orca, but I definitely do want to modify this behavior if possible. As of now, navigating anything by keyboard, be it a self-contained dialogue or a menu or whatever, skips over disabled items. This is handy in terms of minimizing keypresses, but what if I want to know about controls that are disabled? So many programs just grey out options that aren't applicable at the time, and I'm finding that lots of programs have controls I never even knew about until I accidentally met the prerequisites for them to be enabled. Especially prevalent in menus when flat review yields less supplemental information. Any thoughts welcome.

Jared