Re: [orca-list] Various bugs in orca 2.30 (testing Debian package)

HI,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 06:01:53PM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
Hi,

I want to promote Linux as accessibility
solution. But orca 2.22 (stable current lenny Debian package) has
limitations, in particular on the Internet.
So I wanted to test orca 2.30 (2 years newer) to see improvements. But
upgrading to testing is really impossible (I tried virtualising and the
result is ... bad: upgrading stops because errors...).

If you mean the udev abi change thing why not just follow the
instructions the error message gives?  Either touch the file in /etc
upgrade udev and the kernel and reboot, or upgrade the kernel reboot and
install udev.

So I tried something I do when few dependencies are involved: this line
in sources.list:
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main non-free

you'd be better off just adding the backports repo to sources.list

Then aptitude install gnome-orca. As few packages (dependencies) are
involved, I upgraded. And so.......

I'm pleased to see No I can enter A on braille keyboard without crash
(bug I had reported). Then pidgin seems to be supported better. And so
on. 2 problems: one "minor", one major (Web category).
Minor: in preference dialog, all tabs are not visible (general and
speech are not visible, braille, shortcuts, magnifier are; some
checkboxes are not visible (their contents). Thus, when dialog appears,
braille display stays blank instead of displaying "General". If I go top
right, nothing whereas "Speech" should appear. Same problem for some
checkboxes.

I can't confirm this.

Major: I have an enormous problem with iceweasel 3.5.10-1~bpo50++1.
Firstly, to go to this page:
https://voscomptesenligne.labanquepostale.fr/wsost/OstBrokerWeb/loginform?TAM_OP=login&ERROR_CODE=0x00000000&URL=%2Fvoscomptes%2FcanalXHTML%2Fidentif.ea%3Forigin%3Dparticuliers

Or:
https://www.labanquepostale.fr/index/particuliers/banque_en_ligne/clavier_statique.html go to "Acc?s ? vos
comptes par l'?cran de connexion", then there's a form: an identification number, then a speech keyboard
(click on Activer la vocalisation). Tab makes the different numbers speak (0 to 9). Then a "Remettre ?
z?ro" button, and VALIDER (you can test without accounts, only to check if button works). VALIDER is the
most important: orca 2.28 sees it (I can click on the button (Enter/Space); 2.30 no. Impossible to enable
it via Enter or Space. So I can't test more orca.

Secondly, h shortcut works on wikipedia and not
here:
http://traduc.org/Statuts

On google, orca+tab doesn't work (and it's useful to go to every form
(fields, checkbox, list..., instead of one shortcut per object), whereas
on wikipedia, it works. h
doesn't work on google (1, 2, 3, 4... shortcuts don't work). Shortcuts
work in random way so, depending on website.

iceweasel  3.5.10 is fine here, there is an issue switching between tabs
/ windows, but otherwise fine.  However note that there has been some
regressions introduced by early builds of firefox 3.6, and some of this
may have been backported to 3.5, I'm not sure.

Hence:
- Is it because I use a testing package in a lenny environment?

probably not.

- Can you reproduce such bugs(2 categories I mentioned).

first no, second not too suprised.

Trev

- Is a solution planned?

Is you can't I think I'll keep orca 2.22.2 I use now, which works fine,
except the A problem and some problems (minor) with pidgin.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,