Re: [orca-list] Orca becomes unresponsive periodically on Linux Mint 9

Hi,

I'm using speech-dispatcher with eSpeak. When I restart Orca, I am also killing and restarting speech-dispatcher. For some time, this has no effect at all. I get a very brief moment right after Orca and speech-dispatcher restart where it's as responsive as normal, but only for about 1 second. Then it hangs again. Note that if I leave it alone, everything does eventually come back, but restarting Orca and speech-dispatcher multiple times speeds up the process. Also, if I only restart Orca and leave speech-dispatcher alone, I get the same result as I get when restarting both. I haven't tried restarting speech-dispatcher and leaving Orca alone, but that would undoubtedly force me to restart Orca anyway.

It's possible that you see no speech synthesizer in the list of processes because speech-dispatcher isn't currently sending any output to eSpeak while orca isn't speaking. Not sure if this is the case, however.

~Kyle