Re: [orca-list] Orca becomes unresponsive periodically on Linux Mint 9

Hi Kyle.

Someone told me that Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu and is easier to use,
so I thought I'd give it a try. Being based on Ubuntu, I didn't think
I'd have problems with Orca any more than on Ubuntu. Is there anything
installed on a vanilla Mint system that could cause this problem?

Just a guess, but I wonder if there is a Mint-specific admin tool or
other updater running in the background which is causing you problems.
What you describe sounds rather similar to the threading issues we
periodically see.

--joanie