Re: [orca-list] Laptop users should be able to toggle Caps_Lock state now

Dear List,

I tryed undo following commit with following method, but not help me:
 I try undo bug 373887 bug fix with following command:
git checkout ed712f3f838ecf02d40e0799dea24dba6324312e
I see following output, but this method is not help me, not reversed this commit with original morning or yesterday version: "root hammera-laptop:/orca/orca# git checkout ed712f3f838ecf02d40e0799dea24dba6324312e
Note: checking out 'ed712f3f838ecf02d40e0799dea24dba6324312e'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at ed712f3... Fix for bgo#373387 - Users should be able to lock/unlock the "Lock" modifier even if Caps Lock is the Orca modifier
root hammera-laptop:/orca/orca# make clean >/dev/NULL
root hammera-laptop:/orca/orca# make >/dev/NULL
root hammera-laptop:/orca/orca# make install >/dev/NULL
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
root hammera-laptop:/orca/orca#"

After this, I doed Jose suggested method my bugreport:
"git checkout -b test
git reset --hard  5d369
Compile, install and restart orca.
The problem seems to be gone."
Jose, works for me, thanks! Correct reversed the following commit:
commit 5d3698e64d68c54d55cf73750f4897263d2ca79f
Author: Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com>
Date:   Sun Jul 11 07:05:58 2010 -0400

Reworking of the original fix for bgo#591034 - Caps_lock does not get re-enabled after orca shutdown and when switching from laptop to desktop layout."
Anybody with prewious confirmed my problem, confirming this good result?

Joanie, why producing this fix with this performance problem with lot of machines? Unfortunately, when I do reverse operation, the new caps lock toggle method is not working now. This is possible? Need reopening the bug 373387 bug?

Attila