Re: [orca-list] Orca & Zoomtext

Hi,

Second question...  Is there a port of Orca to other platforms like
Windows or Macintosh?

No.  Nor would it make sense.  Orca depends upon AT-SPI, and that
doesn't exist on Windows or Macintosh.  IAccessible2 exists on
Windows - the closest equivalent to AT-SPI - but it isn't universal
there as it is on GNOME.

I'm just throwing this out there as a strange terrible idea that
probably won't work.  I noticed the last time I installed cygwin that
some atk stuff got pulled in, I didn't look to see exactly how much or
what, but it seems theoretically possible for orca to work with linux
apps built against cygwin.  There is also the uia -> atk bridge for
mono, while I don't know that this would help with native apps it
seems possible that one could run a c# app in mono in cygwin and if
one has built all the linux accessibility stuff have it use orca as a
screen reader.   Again this isn't useful to the problem, and is a
absolutely terrible idea that probably shouldn't be pointed out, but
it maybe posible.

Trev

NVDA is the closest thing to an "Orca port" on Windows: an open
source screen reader written in Python that uses published APIs (vs.
screen scraping) to obtain the necessary information to re-present
the screen to blind users in speech & Braille.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks,
Bryen M Yunashko
GNOME-A11y Outreach

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
Phone: +1 650 5069522 <tel:+1%20650%205069522>
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065
Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed
to developing practices and products that help protect the
environment