Re: [orca-list] Introduction and questions

Hello,
My experience has been very much the same as what everyone else is saying regarding evolution and thunderbird, I prefer thunderbird and find it better. I wonder has anyone found the reverse? If you want to go with a text based email client then may be try cone, that's what I used to use (I also would recommend using speakup and brltty directly with a text based application).

A quick bit more general discussion about email clients. Evolution as far as I know is one of the few systems able to access exchange servers (I don't know if thunderbird has an add on for that). Also evolution has many other features like calendar, etc and if compared to the microsoft offerings, its like outlook where as thunderbird by default is more focused on email and news (although I would guess many features could be added as add ons). Thunderbird may be more familiar to those used to other mozilla products (eg. firefox) as its based on the same toolkit, etc.

Michael Whapples