Re: [orca-list] Using Linux for everyday computing tasks and employment

Krishnakant <hackingkk gmail com> wrote:
Hey, May be this will soon become another thread, but can you plese tell
me the size of your inbox?
I have about 96000 mails in my inbox and the file is about 1 gb.
Now when I start thunderbird 3.0 on my laptop, I find that after I tab
from inbox to the message list, orca just stops speaking.

Have you submitted a bug report on this? Try turning on debugging in Orca,
capturing the output and submitting it along with your bug report.
I did not see this when my mail box was smaller with hardly 100 emails.

I would suggest configuring Procmail.
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

If you are retrieving mail from a POP 3 or IMAP server, Fetchmail will
retrieve it and deliver it to the mail transfer agent (Postfix, Exim, sendmail
or whatever you prefer) on your local machine. It can then be filtered by
Procmail into appropriate mail folders.