Re: [orca-list] Wiki Updated Was Re: I Broke Orca during an upgrade tonight

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

That's what I enjoy so much about Arch Linux.  Its package management
system and package builder is so easy to work with, I built my own
packages of Orca and several other packages I wanted to pull from git
instead of using PROD versions.  I dunno how easy it would be to build
a locally managed Debian package but then you could install and
uninstall to your heart's content without having to wory about
cleaning up dead wood files and all.

It is very easy to build a Debian package once the packaging files (rules,
control, etc.) have been written.

It turns out that this work has already been done, but it isn't up to date
with the latest AT-SPI2 developments.