From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Isaac Porat
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:36 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Orca, Python and blind programming

Hi

I have experience in developing software in a number of computer languages.
Orca is written in Python no doubt for good reasons.

As a blind programmer who rely on speech (I lost my sight to late in
life to be using Braille) I find the way Python mark blocks of
instructions with indentation practically  unusable with speech with a
screen reader (other languages mostly use brackets for this purpose
which is easy to deal with).

I know that there are hacks out there to use a pre processor to
translate from brackets to indentations but these are probably of no use
with an IDE; I do not wish to go back to text editor for software
development.
So if somebody knows an efficient way of dealing with this I will be
interested to know.

Thanks
Regards
Isaac