[orca-list] Orca, Python and blind programming

Hi

I have experience in developing software in a number of computer languages.
Orca is written in Python no doubt for good reasons.

As a blind programmer who rely on speech (I lost my sight to late in life to be using Braille) I find the way Python mark blocks of instructions with indentation practically unusable with speech with a screen reader (other languages mostly use brackets for this purpose which is easy to deal with).

I know that there are hacks out there to use a pre processor to translate from brackets to indentations but these are probably of no use with an IDE; I do not wish to go back to text editor for software development. So if somebody knows an efficient way of dealing with this I will be interested to know.

Thanks
Regards
Isaac