Re: [orca-list] If you use Orca master, what version of Firefox do you use?

Hy,

Kile, not easyest using the Mozilla daily ppa repository? This PPA I think containing 64 bit Firefox version.
The main ppa url is following:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa
Easyest you adding this ppa with following command in Maverick if you want:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa

If you would like installing 4.0 Firefox version, you need installing firefox-4.0 named package.
This PPA containing following 4.0 Firefox version:
4.0~b9~hg20101228r59703+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1~lucid
The last tag ofcourse changed with Maverick from Lucid, because your system is Maverick.

Joanie, I using now Firefox 3.6.13 with official awailable with Ubuntu Lucid. In Ubuntu Natty development version now have following packaged oldest Firefox version:
firefox | 4.0~b7+nobinonly-0ubuntu3
I not installed yet Natty because very early development release have now.
Future I think Ubuntu Core developers will be replace Firefox 3.6.x series with 4.0 version with oldest releases (Lucid and Maverick) if the 3.6 release support is expiring, but I don't no when will be happening this, similar with prewious happened Thunderbird replacement. The problem only if the change is will be happening, developers I think not upgrading Orca version, so for example I don't no how can will be possible 4.0 releases using with 2.30 Orca version with Ubuntu Lucid for a beginner user. But this is an another story and not Orca side problem, this is a distribution designing related issue...
I don't no: Mozilla what final date supporting 3.6.x series?

If need, I possible upgrading my Firefox version with 4.0 latest beta release with my Lucid system. But because I using I386 architecture, better installing 4.0 Firefox version with an another place and keep my now used stable 3.6 version with default launch.

Attila