Re: [orca-list] Perhaps the fix for all the reported problems loading profiles? Please test.

Hey Attila.

Thanks for testing!

I doed following:
1. I setting first the default parameters (speech rate, tutorial
messages etc).
2. I saved as first the profile.
3. I switched the startup profile with new profile, and changed some
keystrokes.

How did you "switch the startup profile"?

To be sure we're on the same page, and because I'm just waking up....

The start up profile is the one that Orca will load when starting up. If
you do not first quit and restart Orca, Orca is not going to use that
profile.

I tested your keybindings-not-loading bug by doing the following:

1. Created a profile in which I rebound speaking of date to Orca+D.
2. Loaded that profile by selecting it as my "Active profile" and
   pressing the "Load" button. Now Orca+D speaks the date and Orca+T
   double-clicked does not.
3. Loaded the default profile by selecting default as my "Active
   profile" and pressed the "Load" button. Now Orca+D doesn't do
   anything and I must double-click Orca+T to hear the date.

I repeated this. It worked as expected. I quit and restarted Orca. It
worked as expected. I did not change anything with respect to the
startup profile while testing -- or in the patch.

So.... After I finish my coffee I will read over your user-settings.conf
and try to figure out what might be going wrong. But I want to be sure
that you are testing (and loading profiles) by selecting them in the
Active Profile combo box and pressing the load button.

4. I trying switch back the default profile. The keystrokes not change
back with factory default.

Again, did you press the Load button after choosing the new Active
profile?

Thanks!
--joanie