Re: [orca-list] Which web browser does Orca work well with?

Hi Joanie,

On Sunday 29 August 2010 08:58 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Parham.

I have heard that Firefox is the best candidate for accessibility both
on Windows and on Linux. However, it appears Orca's support for Firefox
is very lacking.
And we are, I'm afraid, very much aware of these problems and hope to be
able to address them soon.

I'm also hoping to have some time to start working on a script for
Epiphany (GNOME's official browser which uses WebKitGtk). WebKitGtk
accessibility has been coming along quite nicely and includes its own
caret browsing mode along with a flattened text hierarchy. As a result,
much of the work we have to do in Orca to provide access to content in
Firefox -- work that results in the majority of the sluggishness you
observe -- will not be necessary.

I have a couple of questions.
Firstly, how much w3c compliant is epifany?
What level of javascript support is available?
And secondly,  Are there a lot of plugins for that browser?
lastly, how much time should it take to get this accessible? Is webkit really accessible now?

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.