Re: [orca-list] More structural navigation thoughts

I was going to say there is a page already on setting up java for use with orca http://live.gnome.org/action/show/Java%20Access%20Bridge?action=show&redirect=Orca/JABG#details <http://live.gnome.org/action/show/Java%20Access%20Bridge?action=show&redirect=Orca/JABG#details>. However that page is quite dated so may be you could update it for the new java ATK wrapper.

If you were more meaning about using java applications on Linux, I don't think they really differ from using them on windows (that's the idea of java, it should run the same where ever it is run). In fact java may feel more natural on Linux as I think it took a few keyboard shortcuts found on Linux, eg. f10 for menus instead of alt (this may be to do with the amount of involvement Sun micro had in designing java and parts of gnome, eg. I think Willie Walker worked on accessibility for both).

The other question is, how much of a concern is java for most users? I don't know the answer to that, I just thought it may be worth asking as if something else more commonly used needs documentation then it may be best to start where there's the greatest demand.

Michael Whapples