Re: [orca-list] feature request: disable live regions globally

I like the idea of having the option to turn live regions on or off
and have the value saved permanently.  I also feel it should be on by
default so people are truely aware that live regions will speak and
are supported when needed.  The idea of being able to turn them off
but have a notification that a live region is present is an
interesting idea too.  Maybe it should be a ternary switch - on, off,
or notify.

I like the idea about possibly identifying counters and such but I
wonder if given the lack of development resources if this should be
given lower priority and thought of as a "nice but not critical"
feature.  Just my thought on it.