Re: [orca-list] Announcing Orca's support for Empathy (other clients to follow)

Hey Storm.

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 17:09 -0400, Storm Dragon wrote:
Hi,
Awesome! Thanks for this. If I can make a suggestion for another
client, please try Instant Bird.

Thanks! So added.

 It wasn't accessible the last time I tried the Linux version, but
with the new script it may work.

Just for the sake of clarity: The new, generic chat support will not
cause chat clients to just start working. The steps in general will be
something like:

1. Create a new script for the app in question.
2. Pull in the chat functionality into the script.

[see the new Empathy script for an example of the above]

3. If need be, create a script-specific subclass of the new chat module
so that you can override methods as need be.

[Instantbird falls into this class, I'm afraid. But I've started on it
using the current Instantbird nightly dev/beta. I believe I'll have
something working for you to try in the near future, e.g. tomorrow
evening with any luck.]

Take care.
--joanie