Re: [orca-list] Question about installing Gnome on Archlinux

Alonzo <mariachiac gmail com> wrote:
I can get nome working fine on arch... Its when I switch to a
console with ctrl-alt-f1 and do something with speakup. then I
switch back to x with control-alt-f7 and I cann't do anything.
Speakup just says bbbbb when moving the arrows. i'm told by sighted
assistance that it shows a background with a cursor, but they are
not able to do anything as well.
Xorg starts from udev and senses all modules fine. Not sure whats going on.

Check your Xorg log file (I don't know what it's called in Arch Linux) for any
errors; use ps to find out whether the X server is still running and whether
the Gnome desktop is still up. It would also be a good idea to look at your
~/.xsession-errors file.

It could be your video driver - perahps it can't switch from text mode back
into graphics mode properly, in which case you might need a different driver
to be installed.