Re: [orca-list] pdf reader

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 20:45 +0100, Paul Hunt wrote:
Hi,

I've not had any luck getting Orca to actually read any pdf text inside
Adobe Acrobat although the application's menus and dialogues are accessible.

What I do is to load the pdf into Acrobat and use the file menu > "save
as text" option to generate a text file then read the resulting file in
gedit.

Ah, that can be done with pdf2text as well.

I've tried several other pdf readers available in the Ubuntu
repositories with no luck. Some of them have accessible menus and
dialogues like Acrobat but none actually expose the text to Orca.
Yes that way evince is also accessible.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.