Re: [orca-list] Help write Orca docs

Hi All:

All the comments received so far are fantastic. Please keep them coming. From there, we can create an idea of where we want the documentation to live as well as create an outline.

Right now, I'm thinking the following:

Location of the document: We should pull the Orca section out of the GNOME Accessibility Guide at http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/ and make it a separate document. This document is not only available on the web, but it is what is shipped with GNOME for the online help and it is also available for download. Furthermore, the library.gnome.org stuff is set up more easily for translation to other locales than the WIKI.

Content of the document: a lot of this content exists, but we need to make it easy for people to get quickly started with keyboard navigation for GNOME and what to expect when you launch Orca. We need some discussion of setting up sounds for the login screen, enabling Orca at the login screen, enabling sounds for when you log in, and automatically launching Orca when you log in. Setting up braille (BrlTTY) and contracted braille (liblouis) will also be useful. We can also work on including tutorials for specific applications. In the appendices, we could include sections on "Orca for Windows Users" and "Orca for Mac OS X Users".

Will