Re: [orca-list] orca speech uncontrolled and jumbled with speech-dispatcher

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 10:26:19AM +1100, Jason White wrote:
Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:
I removed pulse audio to solve most of my sound related issues.

Or better still, don't install it in the first place. Under debian, at least,

No I didn't, it must have got pulled with something, perhaps has a
dependency...
But very true
It definitely comes with ubuntu anyway

you should be able to install the gnome-desktop-environment package without
installing PulseAudio, unless this has changed with recent Gnome releases.

Don't know to be honest

sudo aptitude purge pulseaudio should remove it.

Yep, I was unsure of  the exact package name, and was too lazy to look
it up:p

So I used dpkg and grep to save me that trouble in my last post:)

Dan