Re: [orca-list] orca speech uncontrolled and jumbled with speech-dispatcher

Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:
I removed pulse audio to solve most of my sound related issues.

Or better still, don't install it in the first place. Under debian, at least,
you should be able to install the gnome-desktop-environment package without
installing PulseAudio, unless this has changed with recent Gnome releases.

sudo aptitude purge pulseaudio should remove it.