[orca-list] at-spi compilation issue

Hello all,

In addition to the problems I have been facing with orca crashing it doesn't seem to be an issue with either gnome-speech or speech dispatcher because both seem to crash or at least speech become unresponsive. As i've said flite and espeak alike react the same way.

I decided to update and upgrade apt, and then get git and download atk, which compiled fine, and then at-spi which I've run into an issue with. Once I switch to the directory with the source from git, I run ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi, but configure gives me an error saying that package dbus-glib-1 is not installed, but I can't seem to find the appropriate package from apt to satisfy the needs of at-spi. I hae already done the build-deps and have followed the howto word for word and can't figure out what package I need here and how to get it. However I compiled orca anyway and it is running but still it crashes. At first from some of the emails I've been reading and commentary on the site I thought it ight be an espeak/speech dispatcher issue but it is not. I don't think it is pulseaudio because I removed it, unless something is still lingering. I think apt-get remove pulseaudio does not remove everything from what I've been told but it should remove enough.

Thanks for any help
Cody