Re: [orca-list] Speech dispatcher vs. gnome speech

Hello Luke,

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 08:57 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Added to that, I'd say that some of the issues users are seeing are likely a combination of how the orca
speech-dispatcher code is written, and speech-dispatcher itself. I have not delved into the orca
speech-dispatcher code, however if you find an issue that is clearly speech-dispatcher related, please let
me know, and I'll do what I can to fix it, at least in the latest development code. If you have a fix, even
better, please send it to me.

I think the 2 biggest issues with Speech-Dispatcher today are:
 1) The difference in buffers size between SD and Pulseaudio, that you
explained in a previous mail to this list.
I'm running espeak compiled to use pa instead of portaudio and with
gnome-speech because of this.

2) Overriding of punctuation and capital letters, like gnome-speech
does. Since this isn't unanimous, maybe add it as an option.

Oh, and I'll have that with a thin slice of lemon :-)

AndrÃ