Re: [orca-list] on Ubuntu 9.04 orca does not work

I recall reading something about this under the heading entitled "HELP ME!!! Speech is NOT WORKING on Ubuntu Jaunty" on the following page:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/

Hope this helps,

Will

Petra Ritter wrote:
Hello,

I run in the prooblem that orca does not work on a ubuntu 9.04
installation as a virtual Maschine.

Orca speaks very fast, so that one can't unterstand it.

In an other mailing list I read that one shuld ttray to update espeak
with the latest version of it.

I got the latest Version from http://espeak.sf.net/test/latest.html
after unziping I edit the makefile as folowing:
I removed the # at the begin of the line #AUDIO = pulseaudio
and put an # at the begin of the line AUDIO = portaudio

After that I ececute the folowing comandos:
sudo apt-get build-dep espeak
sudo aptitude install libpulse-dev
So far I had no problems.

I got the folowing error from make