[orca-list] labelledby property for ARIA landmarks

Dear all,

I hope that this is the right channel for this question.

I trying to use ARIA landmarks on a web site and use Orca for testing.
The problem - or at least the surprise that I am facing is, that the aria-labelledby property seems to be
ignored for landmarks (whereas it does work for live regions).

Consider the following snippet of HTML:

  <h1 id="hdr">title text</h1>
    <h2>sub-heading</h2>
    more content...

When I press the  "m" key, then orca will read "sub-heading" instead of "title-text". Is this behavior
intended?

Also, it seems that there are no default descriptions for semantic landmark regions like "main". If I have
the following HTML
then Orca will read "here comes the main content..." when I use the "m" key to navigate to that region. I
would have thougt that Orca would instead provide a default description for this region, e.g. "main content".

I use Orca 2.26.1 together with Iceweasel 3.0.9 on Debian/Testing.

Am I misunderstanding the usage of landmark sections? If so, any kind of precise documentation that you can
point me to would be muchly appreciated. I have read the ARIA spec, the ARIA best pratices document and
various other descriptions about ARIA (including one from Leventhal and one from Lemon) but everyone mainly
seems to be interested in live regions and not so much in landmarks and precise behavior seems to be a little
under-specified in these documents.

If I should file a bug, then please tell me, where to file it. In the gnome bug tracker, I did not see a the
possibility to tie a bug specifically to Orca. Also, in that case please let me know if you have any special
bug filing conventions that I should be aware of.

To everybody who is helping with the development of Orca: thank you very much for your very hard work. The
progress that Orca has made over time is really exceptional and it is wonderful that you are pushing new
accessibility developments like ARIA.

Thanks & Best Regards
Christian Steinert