[orca-list] New User Requesting Info

Hi List,

I just started using Orca with Linux last week.  I am using the Vinux distribution and while the associated mailing list is helpful, I was advised that since I have dived in with both feet, that I might do well to join the Orca mailing list.  Apparently a number of the Vinux developers are not Blind and the chief developer says he has only a cursory knowledge of Orca.

So my first question is: can I get some extensive documentation on the Orca screen reader?  I know the basics by now, but I really would like to get some advanced configuration and keystroke information.

My second question is about adding voices.  I am from the US and with the E-Speak voices being primarily British accented and not as clear as I am used to, I am wondering if there are any more available voices or even synthesizers/engines that have voices in US English or even British voices with more clarity. I am a long time Windows user and I am comfortable with the Eloquence British voices.  Even something of that nature would be preferable (although the more you listen to E-speak British, the more you get used to it's idiosyncrasies <g>.)

Any help would be appreciated.

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995