Re: [orca-list] eclipse and status line

Hi all,

what kind of script will this be? Some kind of an orca patch? I think it would be nice to implement an eclipse plugin instead to have the portability to also use this plugin on ALL Platforms.

Also I'm not quite sure, if you mean the status bar or the quick overview ruler beside the editor. But yes, both of them are currently inaccessible...

@All: if one of you encounter such problems or simply has some nice ideas on how to improove accessibility on eclipse PLEASE drop me a line on live.gnome.org/JannSchneider

I will paralell see what I can do with an plugin to provide such content for example on a simple text viewpart or something nicely readable ..

Regards J&J

Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza schrieb:
Hi Will,
I'll try to create a custom script, however I'll need some help since I don't know the orca's structure.

I've the following questions:
1) How orca identify the script to be loaded? I suspect that is using the application name. Assuming that it is true, I'll have problems since orca can not identify correctly the eclipse's name.

2) In the WhereAmI class I found a function called _speakStatusBar with the following line:
        text = self._getObjName(self._statusBar)
I am assuming that this code retrieves the content of the status bar. Is this correct? It can be used to retrieve the content of different kinds of componnents?

Thanks.