Re: [orca-list] Administrative program accessibility on OpenSuSE compared to Ubuntu

Hi Luke
Interesting. The logout/shutdown dialogs are perfectly accessible on my 11.1 installation. However, there's another nasty accessibility problem in 11.1 that affects any non-GTK application trying to use at-spi, such as Firefox, Openoffice, and Mono/Winforms. Due to a modified gnome component, these applications will not work with accessibility, they do not get exposed properly. I'm unsure if this is related to whatever change was made to allow easier admin access, but I mention it here in case it does. Those on the mono accessibility team hadn't, last I talked with them, been able to trace this down and hadn't heard anything about what the underlying problem was, but it's conceivably possible that, if they changed something to allow admin tools to work without a hack, it may have broken parts of at-spi's communication with orbit in the process.