Re: [orca-list] speech parameter keys

Hi Al:

The snoring beagle site was a staging area and is out of date. You can find the latest docs at http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/ats-2.html.

For the specific question you have, the functions for changing the speech parameters on the fly still exist, but are not bound to any keys right now. You can bind them to key command by going to the "Key Bindings" tab of the Orca preferences GUI:

http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/id2970079.html.en

Hope this helps!

Will

al Sten-Clanton wrote:
Greetings!
I've been looking and relooking at the Gnome Accessibility guide at http://www.snoringbeagle.net/gag.html#AEN3567 in particular, at this section: 3.4.1. Adjusting Speech Parameters
Insert-Right Arrow: increase speech rate
Insert-Left Arrow: decrease speech rate Insert-Up Arrow: raise the pitch Insert-Down Arrow: lower the pitch
I've so far been unable to change the speech rate with the relevant keyboard commands listed here. I did not see these keys listed in the key bindings list in Preferences. (I know that in Firefox the left- and right-arrow combinations move to objects.) Am I missing something, or is there not a way to change the speech rate on the fly? I'm using Fedora 10, including gnome-desktop 24.3. This evening, I've used orca 2.24.4. I found this same thing, though, with 24.3, both the Fedora 10 version and the one I installed a few days ago from source. Thanks for any help or pointers to help. Al p.s. I got Orca to work decently on my machine only a week or so ago. Despite one bit of trouble and another on the learning curve, it's enabled me, for one thing, to read some online books that until now I could get to only using this Windows machine. I appreciate that a good deal, so thanks to the folks working on it.