[orca-list] Voxen and Ubuntu 8.04

Hello everyone.

Since I get very little response from Oralux on this I thought I'd try here.

My Dell Mini-9 uses an Intell Atom processor. It is I386 compatible and runs every executable I've tried on it and also runs Windows XP. The installation for Voxen however fails because it says my system does not match I386, I think it calls it an ldai. The Voxen readme says that users can build the packages but offers no information about doing it. No source code in there either. I also tried just installing the package gnome-speech-viavoice and that didn't work either.

After installation I get an error that the library libstdc++.so is missing when I run the test "say" program. I think it is the installation of that library that is failing in fact. It might actually work if I could use apt-get to install the library and then try it.

Another thing I discovered is that the site for purchasing ttsynth is broken.

Thanks for any help. I would be a lot happier if I could get IBM Via Voice working on here.

Keith