[orca-list] speech parameter keys

Greetings!

I've been looking and relooking at the Gnome Accessibility guide at

http://www.snoringbeagle.net/gag.html#AEN3567

in particular, at this section:

3.4.1. Adjusting Speech Parameters
Insert-Right Arrow: increase speech rate

Insert-Left Arrow: decrease speech rate

Insert-Up Arrow: raise the pitch

Insert-Down Arrow: lower the pitch

I've so far been unable to change the speech rate with the relevant keyboard commands listed here.  I did not see these keys listed in the key bindings list in Preferences.  (I know that in Firefox the left- and right-arrow combinations move to objects.) Am I missing something, or is there not a way to change the speech rate on the fly?

I'm using Fedora 10, including gnome-desktop 24.3.  This evening, I've used orca 2.24.4.  I found this same thing, though, with 24.3, both the Fedora 10 version and the one I installed a few days ago from source.

Thanks for any help or pointers to help.

Al

p.s.  I got Orca to work decently on my machine only a week or so ago.  Despite one bit of trouble and another on the learning curve, it's enabled me, for one thing, to read some online books that until now I could get to only using this Windows machine.  I appreciate that a good deal, so thanks to the folks working on it.