Re: [orca-list] Audio Editor

Nimer writes:
Can anyone recommend a good GUI accessible program with Orca that will
allow me to record, split, put together, and just edit recordings, sort
of like an alternative to Goldwave? I am using the latest trunk of Orca
on Ubuntu 8.1 with all updates applied.

Audacity might be a good choice except for one crucial fact. It doesn't
seem you can direct Audacity to use anything other than your default
audio device, and that leaves you with your speech synthesizer mixed
into your audio recording. I suspect you wouldn't want that.

So, that leaves the gold standard of audio recording and editing on
Linux, Ardour: http://ardour.org.

Having said this, I would add my vote of support for non-GUI tools on
Linux. You can add ecasound to the arecord plus sox guidance you've
already recieved.

hth

Janina

Thanks
Nimer J

--

Nimer M. Jaber

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone: