Re: [orca-list] Unable to stop Orca speech using voxin tts

Peter,

Speech-dispatcher should be a ubuntu package that you can install.

You will almost certainly have to download it as source and recompile the
.deb to get it working with voxen though.

Something like
fakeroot ./debian/rules binary

from the unpacked deb source will do it provided you have all the package
builddeps installdd.
perhaps
apt-get build-dep speech-dispatcher
will be enough provided you have sources lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list
file.

The discussion of how to build and install speech dispatcher is probably
outside what is on topic for this list.

Having built the package with voxin support this is only half the battle.
You will next need to fight with Ubuntu to disable pulseaudio although you
could try enabling puleaudio support in the speech dispatcher config i have
had best results just using alsa.

If you realy get stuck give me a yell off list and I can try and help.

Bart