From: William Walker Sun COM [mailto:William Walker Sun COM]
Sent: 22 June 2009 22:03
To: Isaac Porat
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] IAccessible2 and Orca

Hi Isaac:

IAccessible2 is a Windows-based API for accessibility.  For the official
word on the support of IAccessible2 in the various applications you mention,
you'll need to ask representatives from those applications (says Will so as
to avoid accidentally misrepresenting someone).

Will

Isaac Porat wrote:
Hi Will and all

I understand that IAccessible2 has been submitted to the Linux
foundation as an accessibility interface to Linux independent of the
various desktop.  Has it been accepted?

As far as I know, IAccessible2 is supported by Firefox, IBM Lotus
Symphony, OpenOffice (perhaps by the end of the year), Thunderbird
(version 3) and Adobe are building it into Acrobat.

Are there any plans to support IAccessible2 in Orca?

More specifically is IBM Lotus Symphony supported?

Thanks
Regards
Isaac