To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca problem with fedora 9

Have you created a windows virtual machine in vmware workstation? I have yet
to find anyone who can tell me if jaws works in a vm running under vmware
workstation. I can tell you there are serious problems with jaws running in a vm with the free product, server2. Essentially, I'd say don't bother. You cannot install the video intercept manager and without that component, jaws is not even as good as nvda. If you can live with nvda (I hear window-eyes
works really well too) then server2 is fine.

In fact, I'm not even sure that vmware workstation works with fedora. It
says it works under Red Hat but fedora is not Red Hat.

Anyway, first I have to get orca working. Instead of downloading the DVD
image and reinstalling, I am trying to upgrade to fedora 11.

# preupgrade-cli "Fedora 11 (Leonidas)"

What a strange upgrade syntax.   But I'm coming from the debian universe.

Note: I don't mean to trash nvda. I think it's a fantastic piece of
software -- a real testimonial to the open source concept. But even the
developers admit they have a ways to go before they're in the same ballpark
as the commercial products.

---- Original Message ----- From: "ashley" <ash cox talktalk net>