To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:47 PM
Subject: [orca-list] orca problem with fedora 9

I have a fresh install of fedora 9 installed from the images at the speakup
modified fedora site. I cannot get orca to work. I can open a gnome-terminal
window and type 'orca' and it begins to speak. But it asks me to pick a
speech engine and then stops.

I usually use debian linux. I want to give fedora a try so I can try vmware
workstation. But I am not too knowledgable about fedora. I think I have
managed to update my system. Saying 'yum update' downloaded 60+Mb of stuff
the first time and said it had nothing to do when I ran it again. So I think
I have an up to date fedora 9 system.