[orca-list] Synaptic Package Manager and Orca

Hi List:

I have a clean install of 9.04 Jawnty installed and I see tgat Orca can't access the synaptic package manager or my broadcom wireless adapter. I know there was a work around for the synaptic issue but I can't remember the peramiters for editing the sudoers file or creating the orbitrc file. There was a really intuitive walk through on Darragh's site but it's no longer there. Also, now that I have 9.04 installed, do I still update the package lists and so on with the apt-get install update command?

Thanks all:

Mike