Re: [orca-list] Synaptic Package Manager and Orca

Hi,

On Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) you don't need to modify the sudoers file or create the .orbitrc file.

There is still however the bug with the gksu command which affects running admin applications from the menus (someone please fix this!), the workaround is to run those apps from the terminal.

So to run synaptic type sudo synaptic.

As for keeping things up to date, the update-manager program should launch itself automatically when there are updates to be installed. If you want to run it manually type sudo update-manager in the terminal.

Paul